Pages

Thursday 30 November 2017

Summer learning Journey- Day 1 Practise


I everyone I have made an New Zealand flag but in my own creations. So the colour I chose have meant something. 

The White represents peace because I think in our country we are united and we don't make fights or we don't start any war. 

The Black represents the Maoris fighting for new Zealand and fighting for our country also for our freedom.

The Red represents the time when Jesus died for us because he wanted us to have freedom and to live because he loved us.

I didn't put any stars because the four stars that were on represent the Europe people that came to New Zealand but now it is everyone that is here now. It is a free country. 



  

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jene,

    I have absolutely loved reading your reasons why you have created this beautiful flag. I really like you have represented Maori, peace, and Jesus. These are incredibly important and inspiring aspects of New Zealand that should definitely be acknowledged on our New Zealand flag. The way you have used the colours, red, white, and black, remind me of the Maori flag. Have you thought about why it might be important to represent Maori on our national flag?

    I am inspired by your post and I can't wait to read more in the summer holidays.

    Have a blessed day,
    Megan from the Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dzien' dobry Jeneba,
    my name is Cia. I am a Summer Learning Journey blogger who will be working with you over the summer break.

    Wow, I’m amazed at how well thought out the reasoning behind colour choices for your flag design is. I think it’s highly impressive that you have included beliefs and understandings about what is important to you in your flag design and description. I really do love what you have written.

    In a design sketch I made during the New Zealand flag referendum I used Koru patterns to represent our Māori people because koru is one thing they use to tell stories in their traditional carvings and tattoos (Ta Moko).

    Have you thought about how you could represent our Māori people in your flag design? I would love to know what you might change to incorporate a colour, shape or symbol to represent our Tangata Whenua.

    You’ve made an incredible start to the Summer Learning Journey Jeneba, I look forward to reading your more of your blog posts over this summer!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete